About me and my style
- Every single tango I’m putting on should offer something new to the milonga.
- I’m trying to avoid any exaggeration to be able to keep good mood through the whole evening.
- Looking for the perfect tandas and the perfect time to unleash the strength of the music recorded even nine decades ago.
- Following no strict rules, but ideas gained by listening, dancing and studying the genre and its history.
- I am resident DJ at one of weekly milongas in Prague.
- In total I played at ~350 tango events since the year 2012.
- I usually stick with the music of late twenties to late fifties.
My equipment and collection
I’m using battle-tested Lenovo T520 notebook powered by Arch Linux. For playing the music itself I’m relying on Mixxx player and RME ADI-2 PRO to provide the best sound possible. For big events I also bring my backup laptop and second sound interface, just in case something goes wrong. My collection contains about 500+ albums of tango music. Most of then are CDs, good-quality digital downloads and own transfers. As many of them as possible I store in FLAC format to ensure that no single detail of the music is lost. I continue in searching for better quality transfers and growing my collection.